Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rihanna Speaks...



This Morning Good Morning America aired parts of Rihanna's 20/20 Interview, that will air Friday @ 9PM.

“I am strong. This happened to me. I didn’t cause this. I didn’t do it. This happened to me and it can happen to anybody. There is alot of women that experience what I did but not in the public so it made it really difficult. I was like “Oh my God! Here goes my little bit of privacy. Just being exposed. Just something that nobody wants anybody to know so here I am, the whole world knowing.

Diane: Why be ashamed?

I didn’t want people to think that…..I fell in love with that person. That’s embarrassing that that is the type of person that I fell in love with. So far in love. So unconditional that I went back…

Diane: On average I think it takes a woman 7 times before she leaves

Or 9 actually. And I don’t want that to happen. That’s not what I want to teach people but again I’m a human being and people put me on an unrealistic pedestal. All these expectations. I’m not perfect. Also it’s pretty natural for that to be the first reaction. It’s completely normal to go back. You start lying to yourself. The minute the physical wombs go away, this is a memory you don’t want to have ever again.

When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result into some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn’t be held responsible for telling them “Go Back”. Even if Chris never hit me again, who’s to say that their boyfriend won’t. Who’s to say that they won’t kill these girls. And these are young girls. I just didn’t know how much of an impact I had on these girls lives until that happened. It was a wake up call for me big time especially after I took myself out of that situation. I will say that to any young girl going through domestic violence. Don’t react off of love. F love. Come out of the situation and look at it third person for what it really is and then make your decision because love is so blind.

No comments: